Slam me down again. Just one more time. I miss being talked
to and touched. It’s the little things, you know? I’ve been here alone for so long, and all I do is think.
Think and wish. More than anything, I wish that it were a different time. Back
when everyone needed me and couldn’t get enough. The lower left side of me has
been chipped for about 8 years now. Funny story actually. This kid, about 6 or
7, was just learning to ride a bike without training wheels. A little young if
you ask me, but I’m an old soul. Anyways, this kid was getting the hang of it,
when all of a sudden a Great Dane decides to relieve pay phones
received attention. I got stared at while these humans walked passed me. Okay.
So it wasn’t a funny story. Sue me.
himself right in front of
me. Incredibly rude! I’ll digress. So, this kid wasn’t paying attention when he
suddenly looks up, sees the dog, and slams on his brakes. The loud squeak
startles the dog who ferociously whips around getting his own feces on his
tail. He spins halfway the other way soiling this hippy chick, speaking into a
buddy next to me, and then freaks out and slams my lower half against the dial
pad. After that, I was never top choice again. All of the other
This is great. Payphones are such a forgotten thing. This is great to see a payphone have a personality or feelings. Funny and sarcastic. Really like it.
ReplyDeleteThere's a continuity problem in the first post. I think the formatting just got off or something but I really like this topic. I would never thing to go into the mind of a pay phone. I like all the references to being old and out dated. Poor pay phone!
ReplyDelete